Volunteer Driver Program
Did you know there are people in your community who are unable to get to their health and wellness visits, the pharmacy, or to the grocery store? Do you like driving, setting your own schedule, and giving back to your community? Imagine the impact you will make in the lives of your neighbors by helping them receive health care: become a HealthTran volunteer driver.
HealthTran drivers are volunteers under the umbrella of the Missouri Rural Health Association. Volunteer drivers support our mission to improve access to health and wellness by addressing transportation barriers in rural communities. As a volunteer driver, you will use your own vehicle to transport riders to their appointments. You can provide a ride while you are out and about or schedule up to 30 days in advance, even taking weekly rides for people who have multiple appointments.
Perks of Being a Volunteer
- Receive mileage reimbursement at $0.80 per mile
- Set your own schedule by selecting rides that meet your availability
- Set your own limits – drive locally or long distance
- Receive CIMA Volunteer insurance coverage
- Receive a complimentary MRHA membership
- Make a difference in your community
Volunteers Must Meet These Requirements and Complete the Following Steps:
- Have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 3 years
- Keep driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle registration up to date and submitted
- Complete the application and required signatures
- Pass a drug test and background check
- Attend or complete all required training
- Possess a personal cell phone
- Have access to a smartphone and/or personal computer
- Maintain a clean vehicle in safe operating condition
Who’s Qualified to Drive?
Volunteer drivers must be at least 21 and use their own vehicles to provide transportation services between the client’s home and the requested destination(s). Volunteers must complete, pass, and/or submit the following:
- Vehicle inspection
- Copy of valid Missouri Driver’s License
- Copy of current auto insurance & vehicle registration
- Volunteer Driver Statement of Understanding
- Driver Code of Conduct
- Medical / Physical Capacity Statement
- Volunteer Driver Handbook read receipt & training read receipt
- Completed Safety & Privacy Training (HIPPA, PHI, PII, system security) (orientation)
- Complete & pass drug test & background checks (criminal, sex offender, child abuse/neglect, adult abuse/neglect, acts of violence, fraud, positive driving history)
- W-9, I-9, & EFT/ACH documentation (direct deposit)
Help improve transportation for those in need in your community. To learn more about becoming a Volunteer Driver and submit an application, contact email@example.com.
Volunteer drivers are valued members of our association and offer so much more than transportation. Volunteers help MRHA and HealthTran offer client-focused transportation as well as form meaningful relationships with riders that create lasting impacts. HealthTran will provide the support you need, answer questions, and be there with you every step of the way.
Does your organization operate a volunteer driver program? Contact us to learn how to collaborate through our HealthTran program!
What Drives Us
“HealthTran is a God-send. You people are angels. You have no idea what this means to us. We are so grateful for the help. Thanks to each of you.”