Volunteer Driver Program
Did you know there are people in your community who are unable to get to the health and wellness visits, the pharmacy, or to the grocery store? Imagine the impact you will make in the lives of people in your community by helping them receive health care. Become a HealthTran volunteer driver.
HealthTran drivers volunteer under the umbrella of the Missouri Rural Health Association. Volunteer drivers support our mission to improve access to health and wellness by addressing transportation barriers in rural communities.
Volunteer Drivers offer so much more than transportation. Volunteers help MRHA and HealthTran offer client-focused transportation as well as form meaningful relationships with riders that create lasting impacts.
Perks of Being a Volunteer
- Receive mileage reimbursement at $0.80 per mile
- Set your own schedule by selecting rides that meet your availability
- Set your own limits – drive locally or long distance
- Receive CIMA Volunteer insurance coverage
- Receive a complimentary MRHA membership
- Make a difference in your community
Volunteers Must Meet These Requirements and Complete the Following Steps:
- Have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 3 years
- Keep driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle registration up to date and submitted
- Complete the application and required signatures
- Pass a drug test and background check
- Attend or complete all required training
- Possess a personal cell phone
- Have access to a smartphone and/or personal computer
- Maintain a clean vehicle in safe operating condition
Help improve transportation for those in need in your community. To learn more about becoming a Volunteer Driver and submit an application, contact HealthTran Volunteer Manager Allison Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org.